Monday, March 23, 2015

Tim the Border Collie Gets Into Mischief



Tim may seem like a perfect little angel, but he sometimes gets into mischief, too!

Tim the Border Collie Detects a Scent

Hmmm, what is that I smell?

Border collie with nose in the ground
Let's get a better sniff


Tim the border collie starts to dig
Let's Dig!


Border collie digging with both front paws



Praying I'll catch this one.
Border Collie with his nose down a hole



I just need to get my nose further down in the hole.


Maybe I can get it from this side.


Dig, dig, dig.


I just need a little more leverage. 



I'm gonna make the hole bigger.

A border collie digs with a flurry of paws


Maybe if I dig really fast!
Border collie with dirty paws


Damn, it got away.
A border collie licking his lips

It was so close I could almost taste it.
Border collie dog shame
Now my human made me wear this stupid thing around my neck and took my picture
(No rodents were harmed while taking these photos)

About Leptospirosis

On a more serious note, if you have a dog who has a strong prey drive or likes to dig, be aware that he or she may be at risk for Leptospirosis, a bacterial infection that dogs can acquire from rodents.  Humans are susceptible to leptospirosis, too, so if your dog is infected, you could get it from your dog.  An immunization is available for your dog, so be sure to talk to your veterinarian about  preventing Leptospirosis.

No comments: